Our commercial team recently finished a major project at Sheffield Business Park during their phase 4 expansion!
The expansion saw 7.3 ha (18 Acres) of land between Europa Link and the A630 dual carriageway in Rotherham transformed to potentially provide an additional 1,000 jobs and occupation of up to 25,630 sq.m (275,900 sq.ft) of floorspace.
About Sheffield Business Park
Sheffield Business Park (SBP), was already a significant player in Yorkshire's business landscape, the site recently embarked on their Phase 4 expansion. Positioned strategically within Sheffield City Region’s Global Innovation Corridor, SBP's location offers great connectivity to major transport links, boosted by its proximity to Junctions 33 & 34 of the M1 and Doncaster Sheffield Airport. The recent expansion, nestled within the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District, brings a new era of opportunities, providing the perfect environment for cutting-edge businesses to contribute to the area's economic growth.
Powering the Expansion
Central to the success of the expansion was the electrical work that laid the groundwork for progress. Our team of dedicated electricians undertook a diverse range of tasks, seamlessly integrating power, safety, and innovation. Our project included:
- Mains and Sub-Mains Distribution, Earthing, Surge Protection, General Lighting and Lighting Control
- Recessed Portico Lighting, Emergency Lighting, External Lighting
- Power including Electrics to Heating and Ventilating Plant, Floor Box Installation
- Disables Toilet Alarm Electrics and Disabled Refuge Alarm, Connection and Supply of Hand Dryers
- Electric Vehicle Charging Points, Fire Alarm Installation, Power Supplies to Level Access Doors and Dock Doors
- Lighting Protection, Design Calculations, Testing and Commissioning.
Ryan Salisbury - Project Manager
"I'm very proud of our SBP team for their exceptional work, dedication and professionalism throughout this expansion project – the outcome is amazing! Collaborating with everyone on site during this project has been a fantastic experience. Playing a major role in the transformation of this business hub into something extraordinary is always a privilege.
As always, we are eagerly looking forward to more opportunities like this in the near future and we cannot wait to get our next project completed!"