Barlows (UK) Ltd have been supporting Oldham Council in their ‘Get Oldham Working’ initiative. Oldham Council has recently launched the Oldham Fair Employment Charter that aims to recognise and promote “fair employers” in the Borough.
The local authority’s flagship “Get Oldham Working” campaign has seen local employers provide 2,169 jobs, apprenticeships and trainee opportunities to local people since its launch in May, 2013.
Being part of this initiative proves our commitment to the following:
• Pay or aspire to pay a living wage
• Offer fair contracts and stability of employment – Employees have known hours of work, contracts are free from restriction, travel time between appointments is paid
• Arrange access to training and support – formal or informal
• Encourage employees to ‘do their bit’ for the borough
• Support local people into work through Get Oldham Working
‘Supporting our younger generation into the working environment is important for Barlows, training our future electricians and seeing them grow with the company’ – Martin Clark, Contracts Manager