The Lion | Malpas
Barlows were fortunate enough to have played a part in the huge refurbishment at The Lion in Malpas. The site dates back to the 16th century in the picturesque village of Malpas, where Barlows started life over 70 years ago as a small electrical repair shop. Needless to say, this project meant a lot to everyone at Barlows being at the heart of the village of Malpas.
After meticulous planning, work begun in 2018 to modernise the existing pub and add 16 stunning new bedrooms as well as a beautiful, self-containing event space, the Brereton Suite. The Lion was officially re-opened in September 2020 having overcome COVID-19 to begin the next chapter of its long and illustrious history.
Our project last just over 12 months and included:
- Full refurbishment and partial new build of a grade 2 listed pub
- 13 brand new letting rooms
- Breakfast room and bar in cottage + 3 additional bedrooms
- Pub/restaurant with function room
- Design of electrical layout and system
- Coordinated supply upgrade
- Electrical installation
- Full addressable fire alarm system design and installation
- Data and fibre optic installation
- AV installation
- Certification of all systems
We hope you agree that this pub now looks fantastic and our team, lead by electrical foreman – Dan Sullivan, have done a great job!Back to case studies Contact us